Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012



Thanksgiving 2012...My son and daughter...and me...(and yes, I'm sober!)

(I almost feel like Karen Carpenter should be in the background singing)...Thanksgiving...it's not just a simple holiday with turkey and stuffing anymore...now it's the kick off to the CHRISTMAS SEASON...kind of like the week leading up to Superbowl...except it's all about standing in line at Walmart at 8pm on Thanksgiving night so you can shop for the perfect gift for the perfect price...

Whatever happened to enjoying the turkey hangover as a family...sprawled all over the couch and floor as some football game you don't care about plays on the tube...and ever so often when someone drags themselves out to the kitchen to sneak another piece of turkey you yell out "bring me back some pie," or "another glass of wine," or "can you hand me the remote control so I can turn the tube to something other then this stupid foot ball game?"

Not today. Oh sure, we had the delicious turkey, and pumpkin pie but the mood was different...I've actually noticed it the last couple of years...It was all talk about sales, and shopping and estimating the best time to stand in line before the mall doors open...It really depressed me in a way...I remember the old days when we use to gather around the Thanksgiving table and talk about...um...let's see...um...what the heck DID we talk about???

Happy Thanksgiving to you,

Cindy Huber





3 comments:

a.eye said...

Sorry it was all about Black Friday - my least favorite day of the year. But on the bright side, at least you were able to see each other.

Mrs. O'Connell said...

I agree....I firmly believe the term "door buster" is overused. It's exhausting to think about all the things I good get at a good price at 1 in the morning.

I like your photo!

Cindy Huber said...

You can almost imagine my head with antlers for the Christmas season can't you? ; )