Pages

Monday, November 05, 2012

I'm Cindy Huber, and I approved this message...

I've been amused by how all the news channels (Fox, CNN, MSNBC) have been covering this election; In this corner, Satan! In the other corner, the anti-Christ!

Seriously, people calm down!!!...

Perhaps this is one of those things they didn't cover in your school, but every four years kids...there is a presidental election...no really! Folks, this really does occur every four years! (You'd be forgiven if you live in Wisconsin and thought the election was every three months...Yes, in Wisconsin there IS an election every three months...it's just not the one for the president, that one is still every four years, unless we have another election in 3 months to change it.)

Four years ago I was seriously annoyed with people. The media was all over the place interviewing people in their 40's and 50's who had never voted until THAT DAY claiming the only reason they were voting now was because they never felt they had a voice before! Wow! Then I was ANGRY! Shame on you people...you've always HAD a voice...you just chose not to use it! (What's that the rock band Rush sings..."if you choose not to decide, you still have made a CHOICE...(I will choose free will! Holy cow, great song, I bet you'll have that ringing in your head the rest of the day, and why not, it's still a great song!)

Whether I'm crazy about the candidates or not...I cast my vote every four years and some years I'm really excited, and some years, not so much. I've also written a candidate's name on the ballet because the man I absolutely respected, (and still do to this day) Ralph Nader, needed my vote, regardless of whether he had a shot or not, because of something he said (back in 1999);

"A vote for someone you don't believe in, is a wasted vote.

(can I get a) Amen!

Plus my vote cancels out my ex-husband! ; )

(Rock on Americans!!!)

I'm Cindy Huber, and I approved this blog.

PS...One last pet peeve...if you still haven't decided on who you're going to vote for inspite of MONTHS AND MONTHS of information, if you are still, seriously that drunk undecided...AND...if you just happen to be in front of me, holding up the line, hogging the booth, with your pencil in your mouth, sucking on it, as you carefully consider--all the crap--you should've taken in consideration--even just the day before, let me make this as clear as I possibly can...I will toss my I voted sticker at your head on your way out!!!

3 comments:

a.eye said...

I hate political season. Can't imagine it in Wisconsin with all the recalls and what-not.

I was lucky that my tv has not worked the last few weeks and I haven't really watched any at all anywhere since early August. I missed out on all the great political BS.

I, too, love to cancel people's votes.

Cindy Huber said...

We could've been twins! : )

Yes, it's been a real mess here in cheese head paradise. I'm starting to understand the Civil war better because we've had such a taste of it here; It's really been brother against brother, neighbor against neighbor thing here...the weirdest thing, people who don't mow their lawns but still somehow care enough to stick a campaign sign in their yard..."sir, I can't concentrate on what your trying to say because you have too many dandelions!!"

God bless you, LOVED YOUR BLOG! KEEP WRITING!

a.eye said...

:-)

The focus of some of the people in politics is insane. Like you say with the lawns, they care so much about who and what to vote for for state or national issues, but don't put forth the time to take care of what is going on right in front of their faces.

Thanks for the compliment on the blog!