Pages

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

My husbands bosses daughters wedding and other trainwrecks


This is a picture of me camping in 1975...i did not want to camp, i don't like to canoe, i hate cold, and i hate rain...but i went camping with my church youth group up near Canada because somebody told me they had pop machines on the islands and i believed them.
They were just kidding.

The big story JUST IN TIME FOR VALENTINES DAY:

ASTRONAUT LOVE GONE BAD!

Maybe i'm getting old but it sounds like it would make a great line in a Steve Miller song...personally, as someone who never completed college it's kinda cool that someone who mastered in aeronautical engineering sucks at love...AND wears a diaper...suddenly, my life doesn't seem all that bad...although i'm capable of my own screw ups the latest being my "husbands bosses daughters wedding"...

Personal jock note;
You know, you can't be a disc jockey for over 24 years without some hearing damage...it's all those headbanging 80's tunes that i cranked up in my headphones!
(darn you Cyndi Lauper!!)

So my husband and i are in Florida for the weekend and we're seated next to this wonderful couple, the wife--i swear to God said--"i hate McMansions." Let me explain, in Naples Florida, the rich are tearing down these cute Floridian bungalows and building cookie cutter mini-mansions in their place, hence the name "McMansions"...i also HASTEN TO ADD that there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT...except, i think it looks like crap but what do i know...i think 72 Volkswagon bugs look cute!

So here we are seated next to this very nice couple and i swear to GOD she says that she hates McMansions which is awesome because so do i and now we have something to talk about and talk i do...i go on and on about how crappy they look and what sort of people need to tear down perfectly nice cute bungalows to build crappy "hey look at me McMansions" except people who need to show the world they have money...it wasn't too long when they excused themselves that my husband turned to me and said something to the effect of "you idiot"...she didn't say "they hate McMansions", she said "she BUILT a McMansion!"

No comments: