Pages

Friday, December 29, 2023

Thanksgiving

 When I'm tempted to get into a rut, I try to remind myself of how much I have to be grateful for. Like having a mini stroke where i lost the use of both my left leg and arm for about 10 minutes. 

I was trapped in the Joy 1340 radio studio where I was setting up the room for the first show of the morning. Only 10 minutes before I had just been on the highway driving to work. The fatigue hit first, almost like a wave, and I sat down immediately. Then I tried to reach for something with my left arm, my arm didn't work. I tried to move my left foot, it felt like it was in concrete. 

I face booked message my friend Elaine Plummer who actually knocked some sense in me, because after about 10 minutes my arm and my leg came back. Like it never happened. I was tempted to ignore it. By the way this was the second time this happened, a couple of years earlier although it wasn't as severe, and it had happened at home. 

Gratitude turns what we have into enough. I'm grateful I'm still here, and not in a nursing home. Happy Thanksgiving and God's blessings to all of you today❤ 




No comments: