Pages

Monday, December 03, 2012

The World's Going to End December 21st, and I'm kinda looking forward to it...

So the Mayans are going to get it right, where all the other idiots have failed...December 21st is definately going to be the very last day on earth...and I believe it, because, well, it's the Mayans...and their name sounds so official...it's not like the Unitarians are predicting it, or God forbid the Lutherans, although if I get the chance, I'd love to go to one more Lutheran pot-luck before the big end of the universe thingy...problem is the best place for Lutheran pot-lucks are funerals, and with my luck, there will be one scheduled on the 22nd, which, unfortunately I won't be around because, c'mon, say it with me...December 21st is going to suck...

Now forgive me for not keeping track of exactly how it's all going down...massive volcano explosions, alien invasions, combination missile launch/zombie attack ...in my previous life as a radio DJ, I would have had all the skinnies on the big 12/21, and would have shared each and every grizzly detail with you, in between the weather and an old George Strait song, but something weird happened to me the day I lost my job...I no longer gave a damn...so sure, December 21st is going to be the last day on earth, but you know what, it's also the shortest daylight of the year, it's winter here in Wisconsin so it'll be freakin' cold, so odds are I'll be napping when it happens...

There's a plus side to all this and being the cheerful upbeat person that I am I'm more then glad to share this with you...all the worry and hassle of buying the perfect Christmas gift for someone...gone...think about this...you can tell the one you love most that you are getting them the most awesome, most wonderful gift in the world...and then December 21st comes and your like, "opps, sorry, it's a Mayan thing..." Sure they'll be disappointed, but hey, it's December 21st so they'll have bigger fish to fry...and they'll never suspect you blew the gift money on a manicure and pedi...and what the heck...highlights at the local mall...

Oh well, what can you do...the Mayans predicted it, so there's nothing I can do about it...except check out the obits in the local paper...man, I'm really craving a Lutheran pot-luck.

Cindy Huber

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great, now I'm hungry! ;-)

Thanks for the Monday morning laugh!

Unknown said...

Bring on that potluck! I am licking my chops!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Larissa T. said...

Personally I think it's going to be by volcano explosion.. but hey .. what do I know...

P.S. We're having a weekend linkup and would be honored if you came by and joined us. :)
http://papaisapreacher.blogspot.com/2012/12/tidbit-thursday.html

Local Explorer said...

Thanks for checking out my blog! I decided to mosey on over here and check yours out as well. You are hilarious and I really enjoyed reading some of your posts! I look forward to reading more.

Life Adventures in Indiana
http://exploringlocal.blogspot.com/

Lady In Read said...

:) made me laugh.. will be here on the 22nd to read your post:)