Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

On the beach-Clean house

So i decided to do something productive with my time since i was blessed with all this free time, and because i simply couldn't tolerate one more minute of my husband asking "so what did YOU do today?"
(Answer: Everyone Loves Raymond, House Hunters International and Clean House...)
And maybe because the last show i watched before i hurried into the bedroom to change out of my pajamas before my husband came home WAS Clean House, i got this bright idea to clean my house...no really...it's a no brainer really. Every "on the beach jock" knows this drill, pull out all the station tee-shirts, sweatshirts and hoodies, wash them and then try to figure out who to give them too...it's a way of wiping the slate clean, start over, move ahead...it's part of the five stages of grieving;
1.Denial
2.Anger
3.Bargaining
4.Depression
5.Acceptance...although we in radio have our own special five stages we call the five stages of job loss;
1.Is this some kind of a joke?
2.Moron
3.Howabout if i promise never to say douchebag on the air again?
4.I'm never gonna find a job with free coffee again.
5.Look for new job/career

I'm now in the "looking for new career" part of a job loss...and it's more productive then the "never gonna find a job with free coffee again stage" I've been stuck in for a better part of a week. Then i moved on to the front room, packing up clothes and books, found the vacuum cleaner and then discovered a very unsettling fact about myself...I'm seriously one item away from appearing in a reality show about pack-rat interventions.

On the bright side, i can take my smoke break whenever i want.

4 comments:

J. KELLY said...

== JAY SEZ: ==
...Cin, one day... radio bosses will learn that cool voices LIKE YOURS are very much needed. If they keep firing them, THEY are the ones losing out... NOT YOU!! ;)

Stay strong sexy! YOU WILL BE BACK!

~JK~

Joseph Devereaux said...

Cindy,
I hardly got the chance to know you...you were coming as a big time celeb to my employee blood drive and then...poof...all gone. I say what the hell? I LOVE your blog and your sense of humor. YOU will land on your feet because you have the "it" factor. What that is exactly is undescribable, so that's what makes it so cool. If you want, read MY blog in your spare house-cleaning - Beach time...It's called Birdstud's Birdchat. You'll see that our senses of humerous are simhillarious...seeing life as it really is. I hope to hear your name soon on the airwaves, and not as an obituary. Love your work kiddo...stay strong! By the way...enable the blogging "followers" gadget so I can get an email when you have gotten off the couch to post...hee, hee...

kk4booksnlighthouses said...

Hey Cindy it's Kristen from Brookfield. I used to call you on B93.3 and chat with you about the singer Rick Springfield. I heard he is coming back to Milwaukee in May. Hope I can see you there and of course chat again with you really soon.

Jeffrey Scott said...

Goodwill will take all your gently used articles of clothing.

Hoping to hear more from you soon!

Your pal,
Jeffrey Scott