Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

On the beach...again

So, a funny thing happened on the way to work yesterday...

Um, there's no easy way to get laid off...no matter how nice they are about it, it's still a loss, a breakup, a "it's not you, it's the budget..."

Worse, i was sitting on the couch when my son came home from college and i didn't even have to say a word, i could see it on his face..."oh no, i'm not gonna be able to borrow money from mom...again."
My daughter took it harder, unknown to me she posted my loss on her facebook page so last night when i was wandering around Barnes and Noble one of her friends parents came up to me and said "we hear you lost your job."

I didn't lose my job...i know exactly where it is...it's in the last place i left it...it's just that it's not mine anymore although i have every intention of continuing my 3p-7p show coming soon to a McDonalds near you. And as an extra benefit i will supersize your fries for you...free, just don't tell my boss.


Three summers ago i was working in the basement of a local corporation for a temp agency calling up factory managers to tell them that a piece of equipment they had, well, let me read from the script..."Sir, the problem is the wire is terminated incorrectly on the heat trace wire." Now i didn't know what the heck i was saying but the guy on the other end would get really excited...especially the guy working at the chemical plant...one day in the middle of all this fun i was checking my emails-ON MY BREAK-wasn't misusing company time-when i got an email from Stan Atkinson asking me if i was interested in an interview...Was i?...Was i ever! Granted, it would be hard to leave my job at the temp agency (they had an ice cream VENDING machine-how cool was that!) But then Stan pointed out that they had an expresso machine...and it was free...and i have spent the last almost two and a half years being extremely grateful for this job, and free expresso!

I love B93.3fm, and quite honestly i'm excited for Jane and CV's show, i really am. Jane Matenear has been a true and dear friend of mine since 1996 and i would trust her with my life...although hopefully that will never be an issue.

I know this sounds so cliche typing this and yet it's true...i have made lifelong friends at MRA (and i hope they remember me when i call and ask them for a loan.)

Now i have to turn my attention to more pressing issues like "why hasn't Starbucks called me back."

Love,

Cindy

5 comments:

Jeffrey Scott said...

You probably won't be surprised to hear me say this but I am totally gutted about this. 3:00 had always been my favourite time of the day for me; your show began.

Now what am I supposed to do at 3:00? Truly upsetting. Hope you find something better. Just know this, your fans miss you! At the very least, this one does.

Lance said...

I found out about you recently thru a FB friend.... so I read a bit of this blog. You sound hilarious, wise and humble. I wish I could've heard your show. I think something else great will happen for you!

Jeffrey Scott said...

She had the best afternoon show. I loved the drive home. I'm going to send B93 their refrigerator magnet back and tell them I miss Cindy.

Kathy Judziewicz said...

I am totally bummed out. You made my hour drive home enjoyable even when stuck in traffic. You are a genuine person that your fans could relate to. This is one fan that is truly missing you. Best of luck in what ever you do.

Unknown said...

Need to know which McDonald's, Starbucks, etc your show will be playing....I would be there daily. When I'm back in Wisconsin.