Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Turtle Updates...or why i haven't been posting on my blog lately

Obviously, this isn't my turtle. But you gotta admit, this crocodile looks pretty pleased doesn't he? Luckily, no one was hurt by this croc, well, as much as someone can be "not dead", but is missing their arm...this picture is an example of what happens when you let your guard down at your job, and your job just happens to be a zoo keeper. This is why i chose radio, cause when i screw up, the boss calls me in the office and chews my ear...but he doesn't chew my arm off...so, it was a pretty easy decision...not that anyone offered me a "croc feeding job" although i'm sure one or more of bosses would have if they'd have had that option!

Actually, i have spent the last few months going to school full-time to be a medical assistant. I had always planned to do that; follow my grandma's example when i turned 50 and go back to school, but a brush with my mortality about a year and a half ago speeded up my decision. I took a good hard look at where i was going with my life and i wasn't happy, i was in a job that didn't matter (to anyone but my husband cuz he really enjoys it when i bring home a paycheck!) and i was more or less drifting through the years, waiting for something to happen...but a weird thing happens when someone tells you that you could die...you start realizing that tomorrow isn't necessarily guaranteed, and you get a real sense of time flying by like a windy day...so i spent a few months looking for a school and now i'm knee deep in math homework going "what the heck was i thinking-wouldn't it just be easier to be a zoo keeper? "

ps...btw, my turtle Tim is fine, he just woke up from his long winter nap (he hibernates for 6 weeks)...i hope that's a good sign that winter is almost over.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

== TO CINDY: ==
Whoa, Cin... that's a BIG chunk there... be glad it ain't mine OR yours!! :O

~JK~

Cindy Huber said...

Hey BABE!

It does give you a new perspective on jobs, doesn't it? I mean, what's the worst that can happen here? My boss fires me...what's the worst thing that can happen to a crocodile handler...opps...no more hand...
Always a delight to hear from you...; )
Cindy