Pages

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

But i HAD the flu shot!

My daughter informed me this morning that i did not have the flu...i spent the entire weekend laying next to the downstairs toilet because it was easier then having to worry whether or not i was going to make it in time...plus, you can hear the tv from the frontroom!...but according to my daughter, what i had was some kind of virus...NOT the flu...picky, picky...

I spent most of the last couple of months bragging to my neighbors that i got the flu shot this year..."i'm a disorganized mess who can't find a pair of socks that match but I GOT THE FLU SHOT" i would brag to my neighbors as one after another they would succomb to a night of vomiting...til yesterday morning when i called in sick while looking out at the 4 inches of newly fallen snow and listening to the radio about all the car accidents thinking; "oh great, no one's going to believe i have the flu."

But according to my daughter it wasn't the flu...it was some kind of virus called the "noro something or other" that shut down a cruise ship with the same symptoms i had. Something to think about while my stomach rolled with the waves...

But there is hope, i know i'm starting to feel better because as i'm laying here next to the toilet wondering how many pounds i lost i'm starting to notice that i need to do a little cleaning around the sides so as long as i'm down here, "kids, can you pass me the Clorox bottle?"

No comments: