Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Could you sign my petition for the Cowsills in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ?

I've been wanting to post something in my blog about Barry Cowsill...it's been about a year now since he was reported missing after Hurricane Katrina, and at that time myself and thousands of his friends and fans could never have believed that he would be found dead...it's still bizarre to me...he reminded me of a cat with 9 lives but somewhere along the way he must have used them all up...i first met Barry and his beautiful saint of a wife Debbie in the summer of 1996 when they moved here from Seattle...Debbie worked at the same radio station i did and Barry, well, Barry seemed kind of lost...but he was the sweetest, most charming "formally famous" person you could ever imagine...never one to talk about his past (AND WHAT A PAST!--he toured AND partied with Led Zeppelin AND his family was the ORIGINAL Partridge Family...until his dad messed it up) and always hopeful about the future...since he didn't have a job he would babysit Debbie and my kids when we headed out to various radio appearences...my kids adored him...he would gather them around him in a circle while he sang and played his guitar...and he would leave the best messages on my answering machine...he would never talk as he would sing them...Barry's heart was never here in Milwaukee although he tried to break into the music scene...he was a New Orleans boy and of course that is where he eventually returned when the hurricane hit...when you have a couple of seconds, if you wouldn't mind, would you please type in www.petitiononline.com/tchof05/petition.html. or click on www.Cowsill.com

I'm really bad with this internet thing and i don't know to put in a direct link yet, but as soon as i find one of Dan Kyle's interns...i'll fix it...until then...if your a Cowsill fan or know one...please sign the petition.

Thanks.

No comments: